Traviss Technical College
Visit our Enrollment page for information on how to apply! Check out the links section to access the online application!
Traviss Technical College offers post-secondary, dual-enrollment, and high school programs. View the Traviss Programs At a Glance here. Qualified students applying for admission are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis during open enrollment periods.
Adult General Education admissions:
West Area Adult now offers Adult General Education programs to help students improve their academic skills, learn English, or earn a GED on the Traviss campus! To speak with someone, call 863.499.2700 then Press 6.
If you are interested in taking courses, apply on the Traviss Adult General Education online application.
- To apply, complete the online application during open enrollment and registration steps based on the desired academic program.
- Applicant must be at least sixteen (16) years of age
- For assistance, email email@example.com. Please include your name, academic needs and best contact information.
High School/ Dual Enrollment admissions:
- To apply, complete a Career Academy application through the FOCUS Parent Portal or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper application. (Please note that the Career Academy priority application window opens January - February annually and is made available through Parent Portal. After the window closes, a paper application is submitted to Janet Robinson.)
- Students are accepted every Fall semester.
- Acceptance is based on student academic needs to meet graduation requirements, available elective periods to take the technical program, current GPA, and age.
- For assistance, email TravissAdmissions@polk-fl.net. Please include your name, student's grade level, program of interest, and best contact information.
- To apply, complete the online application during open enrollment & registration steps based on the desired career program.
- Health Science programs require additional enrollment steps to participate in hands-on clinical experiences
- Applicant must be at least sixteen (16) years of age
- For assistance, email TravissAdmissions@polk-fl.net. Please include your name, program of interest, and best contact information.
Post Secondary Students (Career & Technical Adult Education)
- Step 1: Apply Here: https://Focus.polk-fl.net/focus/apply
- Step 2: Bring your Postsecondary Registration Documents to the school
- Tuition Costs and Fees
- Financial Aid
High School/Dual Enrollment Students
- Apply through Polk County Schools Parent Portal in January!
- Email: Traviss@polk-fl.net
Adult General Education Students (GED Prep & Learn English)
- Apply Here: https://Focus.polk-fl.net/focus/apply
Your career is just ONE YEAR AWAY! Traviss Technical College offers professional training and certification in some of the fastest-growing careers in the nation. With more than 20 pathways within reach, we're here to help you find the path that's right for you.
50+ Years of Service
Traviss Technical College has a long history of service to the students of Polk County... more than 50 years!
Welcome to Traviss Technical College (TTC). I am pleased that you have chosen TTC to provide you technical training that offers you the potential for a sustainable future. Our goal is to provide local businesses a highly skilled work force. This begins when you make the decision to enhance your education by taking on the challenge of learning an in demand technical trade.
Financial aid and career counselors are available that are more than happy to assist you in the registration process. Each program we offer has an active advisory board that is made up of local business men and women that help guide our instructor’s curriculum to ensure our training is relevant in the industry.
We look forward to assisting you in meeting your educational and career goals. Please stop by and meet our career counselors to begin your path to a brighter future.
Our basic philosophy at Traviss is that students will be better prepared to enter the job market if their training closely resembles on-the-job situations. The goal of instructors is to assist students in acquiring the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to gain entry into and advance in an occupation. Therefore, each training program is based on technical knowledge which applies to the chosen occupation, performance of valid job tasks and the cultivation of healthy job related attitudes and values. Students are provided with effective learning experiences designed to help them attain relevant job competencies.
Every effort is made at Traviss to assist students in reaching an informed decision about entering a career training program best suited to their individual needs and aptitudes. Students are encouraged to choose their programs after exploring their potential choices and discovering their own strengths and weaknesses, aptitudes and interests. Guidance is also available to help students succeed in their chosen program and secure employment when leaving Traviss.
It is also our philosophy to accept students at the level of competency they have achieved upon entering the program and provide competencies to give them training for various jobs. At Traviss, we make it possible for each student to meet both short- and long-range employment goals. We can tailor instruction to the wide variety of student needs through our policy of open-entry and open-exit, self-paced, individualized instruction. Students enter and exit Traviss when personal employment considerations dictate. Students progress through learning experiences at their own rate and focus on attaining the competencies necessary to meet their personal career goals.
Traviss's philosophy, when put into practice, means that each program resembles as closely as possible the job setting for which training is being offered. Equipment, tools, supplies and environment closely match those on the job. Each program is managed by instructors who are not only skilled workers in their trade or business but are well trained in the professional skills of teaching their business or trade to others. Our instructors exhibit pride in their profession and enthusiasm in teaching it to others.
The mission of Traviss Technical College is to educate and prepare students for success in a changing workplace.
Media Center Hours
Monday – Friday @ 7:30 AM – 2:15 PM
Student Services Hours
Monday – Friday @ 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Over 30 Testing Locations
Alternative Education Pathways
Career Readiness Solutions
Authorized. Testing Center.
Traviss Technical College is an authorized testing center for many industry certifications and academic placement tests. Some of these tests are available to individuals who are not enrolled in our career programs. For more information about tests you can take today, click on the tabs below.
Search through our career programs for more certification opportunities.
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification Test
Traviss Technical College is an authorized ASE testing center.
To schedule an exam, you must register and schedule your exam online at ase.com/about-myase
- Register online at www.myASE.com or by phone at 1-877-346-9327.
- You must schedule an appointment, NO WALK-INS.
- Testing will not be available at this site - June - August 2023.
North American Technician Excellence (NATE) Test
Traviss Technical College is a NATE (North American Technician Excellence) testing center. This is an online knowledge-based test for installation or service technicians. You must pass the CORE Service or Installation test and one Specialty test to become certified.
Test are administered by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call to schedule your appointment (863) 499-2700.
Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
The Florida Department of Education requires that students entering a Workforce Education Certificate Program must have recently taken the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- If you have an A.A. or A.S. degree or higher from an accredited institution or you are enrolling in a program less than 450 hours in length.
- If you graduated after 2004 with a 2.0 GPA from a Florida high school.
- You are serving as an "active" duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces.
- For more information regarding exceptions to the TABE Assessment test, visit our TABE Assessment Information page
How to Register
THE TEST IS A COMPUTER BASED TEST (ONLINE) - NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED
- A paper based test requires prior approval from administration.
|DAYS AVAILABLE||REGISTRATION TIME||TESTING START TIME|
|Tuesday||Registration begins at 7:15am||Testing begins approx. 7:45am|
- Testing fee is $20.00 cash, check, or credit card (Testing fees are non-refundable)
- There is no testing fee for any registered high school student. (Current High School Student ID Required)
- A photo ID is required
- No cellular phones permitted!
Without documented instructional time, you must wait 3 months to retest, testing fee waived. You must wait 6 months for a 3rd attempt. Please call (863) 499-2700 with a $20.00 testing fee. Please call (863) 499-2700 for information on retesting and scheduling.
Traviss Technical College holds certification and/or approval from the following organizations: