The TABE test is designed to assess reading, mathematics, language, and spelling skills. It covers five content areas: Reading, Mathematics Computation, Applied Mathematics, Language, and Spelling. TABE satisfies a wide range of audiences, including GED programs, vocational programs, and Adult Basic Education programs.
The TABE test administered at all of our campuses, and no appointments are necessary. This is an online, computer-based test. Paper tests are available upon prior approval from administration.
Taking the TABE.
• A photo ID (Florida State Driver's License, Florida State ID, Passport)
• Social Security card
• $20 Testing Fee (fee waived for all high school students)
Exceptions for Technical College Students:
You are not required to take the TABE if...
• You have an A.A. or A.S. degree (or higher) from an accredited institution
• You are enrolling in a program less than 450 hours in length
• You graduated from a Florida public school with a standard high school diploma in 2007 (or any year thereafter)
• You are serving as an “active” duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces
• You passed a state or national industry certification or licensure examination that is identified in the State Board of Education rules and aligned to the CTE program in which you are enrolled
• You are enrolled in an apprenticeship program that is registered with the Florida Department of Education
• You are enrolled in a law enforcement training academy
The TABE is a timed test. It takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete. You are allowed to take breaks between timed test sections. Plan to arrive 15 minutes early. You will not be admitted late.