The career dual enrollment program is an excellent opportunity for your student to take rigorous post-secondary coursework at the technical college while simultaneously enrolled in high school. Career Dual Enrollment is a specific form of dual enrollment which allows students to earn credits toward their high school diploma, post-secondary credits, and lead toward an industry certification.
Students interested in this option will need a minimum of 3 periods in their schedule for the career program of their choice and/or is willing to transfer to Ridge Technical Academy as a full time student.
Dual Enrollment Programs
* Administrative Office Specialist
* Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
* Automotive Service Technology
* Age 16 or older
* 11th or 12th grade
* Completed a minimum of 11 high school credits and on track to graduate with a standard diploma
* 2.0 GPA or above
* Good attendance and discipline history
* Programs are FREE. However, uniforms must be purchased.
Class Times (Monday – Friday)
8:00am – 2:00pm (limited bus transportation provided)
Some programs allow the student to articulate college credit at Polk State College and other colleges. For more information www.careerpathways.me
TABE stands for Test of Adult Basic Education. It is a state regulated assessment of basic skills in Math, Reading, and Language. High school students must take the TABE at Ridge Technical College free of charge either prior to enrolling with us or within the first six weeks of attendance at Ridge Technical College. All students entering a program of study must sit for the required level TABE.
How to Get Started
1. Meet the minimum entry requirements then complete the Dual Enrollment Interest Form.
2. RTC will contact enrolling parent/guardian.
3. RTC will contact your high school counselor.
4. RTC’s admission committee will review application.
5. RTC’s admission committee will contact you for orientation.
Services for Students with Disabilities
Ridge Technical College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1973 in regard to students with disabilities. The College also strictly adheres to the Non-discrimination Policy adopted by the School Board of Polk County and, in accordance with State Vocational Guidelines, the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier for admission and participation in our CTE programs. Reasonable accommodations can be made for special needs students. Qualified students applying for admission are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis during open enrollment periods.
In order to receive disability accommodations or substitution, qualifying students must provide documentation that clearly shows evidence of a disability to RTC’s School Counselor or Exceptional Student Education Teacher for individual considerations at 863-419-3060.
For more information about the enrollment process email: RTCDualEnrollment@polk-fl.net